While in Vermont this past weekend my friend Amanda brought her amazing blueberry muffins! They were not too sweet, making them an awesome breakfast or snack. Amanda's Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. In a separate bowl, mix the bananas, egg whites, vanilla extract and milk.
- Mix the banana mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 16-18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.