Some not so dangerous ways to satisfy your sweet tooth! Remember everything in moderation, regardless of what your food choice is.
- crunchy cookie balls (Halley from Blunder Construction brought me these treats to try. Her creative recipe came from ohsheglows.com YUM! no oven needed!!)
- adora dark chocolate disks (blunder construction) Get your fix AND your Calcium!
- chocolate chia seed pudding recipe below, Thanks Kerri!
- Dates and walnuts together, so yummy! (full of fiber, minerals and vitamins, and OH SO SWEET!)
- black bean brownies-recede below, thank you Anna!
- Vegan Fudge! So yummy, thanks to my friend Keri
- greek yogurt, raspberries (or any berry) and a little touch of granola (I like Bear Naked Granola Peak Protein, or there is a locally made one I get at the farmers market in Back Bay. I will get the name)
chocolate chia seed pudding
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp agave or any sweetener you want
- Add everything together, refrigerate for 30 mins to overnight & enjoy! You can get creative adding berries, bananas, vanilla, cinnamon, what ever you desire!
*Helpful tip when refrigerating stir every 10 minutes (at first). The chia seeds expand so its good to keep mixing them. Aim to let it sit for 30 minutes, but you can let it sit as long as you want.
black bean brownies recipe (compliments of Anna)
- 1 can black beans (preferably low sodium)
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup of sugar or you choice of sweetener
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract (I like to also add some chocolate extract as well to amp up the chocolatey-ness. Also sometimes I add banana extract or almond extract to vary it up.)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ Cup of low-fat cream cheese
- Chopped nuts (totally optional just for added flavor and nutrients.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- In a food processor blend ingredients until they’re smooth and well mixed
- Coat 8x8 baking pan w/ cooking spray and pour the mixture in. Sprinkle with nuts on the top if you feel like
- Bake for 30 to 40 mins. When it’s done it will usually separate a bit from the side of the pan. Or just use the old toothpick trick.
Enjoy your treats!