Thanks to my client for sharing this easy to make recipe with me. She got it from her mom who got it from Boston.com! It's filling, yummy, and makes you look like you can cook! I tweaked it a little and left out the butter. Still tasted wonderful.
- 1 medium size cauliflower head (pulled into pieces)
- 1 bag of spinach
- EVOO (to coat the pan and cook the spinach)
- 3 cups of vegetable broth (you can add more or less depending on your preference)
- seasonings: salt, pepper, anything else...
- place a soup pan on medium heat and add EVOO let it heat a little then add bag of spinach. Cook until wilted. Add salt and pepper.
- toss in pieces of cauliflower, mix a little
- add in vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes, mixing occasionally
Try to stick a fork though the cauliflower. If it pierces easily then you are ready for your next step!
Let the soup cool off a little then puree. Food processor or blender, both work! Mix until smooth. I left some chunks of cauliflower. I thought it added a nice surprise. Sorry, no final product picture. But it pretty much turns green and smooth :) enjoy.
One more thing, if you think the soup is too thick when you are done, you can add water to it. Just a little goes a long way.