I was so impressed by the overwhelming response for the 'TWO day challenge". For the past week, I have been excited to see what awesome breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas would arrive in my inbox! You have all sent me your menus for the two day challenge and now I will present to you my favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu ideas! Breakfast:
- green smoothie (one banana, one apple, 2cups kale, 2 cups of water)
- "Quinoa porridge"- 1 cup cooked quinoa - 1/2 cup canned pineapples with juice (ingredients were only "pineapples, pineapple juice"- 1/2 c. blueberries - 1/4 c. skim/low fat milk
- "After work I had a meeting that provided cookies and cheese with crackers, but luckily I brought a pear and some almonds as an alternative."
- 1 oz. almonds, handful raisins
- almond butter and banana
- "4 oz unsweetened applesauce w/ cinnamon, 4 raw almonds (all organic)"
- "...lunch consisted of 1 hard boiled egg, hummus with carrots and green peppers. I was craving something sweet (like chocolate) but was prepared and grabbed a Clementine as an alternative."
- "Salad (Lettuce, Baby Spinach, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, White mushrooms, Plain hummus, Jalapenos, Shredded carrots, Kidney beans, Flax seeds, and a sprinkle of feta cheese, oops! – did it before thinking about it and stopped myself!). Dressed with olive oil & balsamic vinegar."
- "Quinoa with olive bits & tomato, Kale with sauteed onions"
- " Turkey Chili (homemade!) - 1 tsp EVOO, ground turkey, garlic, red beans, onions, peppers, cumin, chili powder, paprika, tomatoes, chicken broth; grapes for dessert"
- lentil soup- water, lentils, zucchini, carrots, celery, cumin, salt, peper, turmeric
- Salad with black beans and garbanzo beans and fresh salsa
- "...white bean and escarole soup. Ingredients-carrots, celery, onion, garlic, cannellini beans, chicken stock, bay leave, grated nutmeg, salt/pepper, escarole, olive oil"
- "...small steamed sweet potato, two home made turkey burgers, bibb lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado"
- "Organic Whole Grain Quinoa Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, and Spinach lightly sauteed in extra virgin olive oil, with red pepper flakes, garlic, and some black pepper and a pinch of salt to taste 2 sunny side up eggs in the leftover oil from the greens"
- "...baked apple w. cinn/nutmeg and drizzled organic yacon syrup"
(No sugar!) Cookie Dough Dip
Inspired by my blog’s most-popular recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 T plus 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T. If you use peanut butter, some people say it has a slight “pb cookie dough” taste, so you can sub oil if you don’t want that.)
- 1 and 1/4 cup pitted dates (I used SunMaid, from a regular grocery store)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (see link below, for sugar-free option)
- 2 T oats (You can omit)
- nondairy milk as needed (depending on the consistency you want. I used a few T.)