My mom once made this baked root vegetable dish, and it was quite awesome. Today we spent the morning together and decided to go to Russo's (an amazing produce place in Watertown, MA) and get everything we needed to make the "Root Vegetable Galore"!
Ingredients: (pictured from left to right)
- parsnips (eh it was OK)
- sweet potato
- jicama (never baked it, but SO good!!)
- celery root
- fingerling potatoes
- kohlrabi (forgot to get in "root vegetable shot", but separate image is down below)
- salt and pepper
- rosemary (optional)
- pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- peel and wash vegetables (no need to peel fingerling potatoes)
- cut vegetables into cubes ( not too small, cut the beets a little smaller as they usually take longer to cook)
- cut onions into small slivers
- peel garlic and keep whole
- cover everything with EVOO, add salt and pepper to taste. Mix around to make sure all is coated *when it comes to the beets, mix them in a separate container, then add to the mixture. Beets will discolor everything!
- place vegetables, onions and garlic on a large baking pan and spread out
- bake at 400 degrees for about an hour. Mix around vegetables every 25 minutes. Each oven cooks differently, so use your own digression. Vegetables should be tender and delicious! ENJOY!
Below we have kohlrabi. I have never cooked with this vegetable before, but it is great!
Make sure you take off the stems and peel before you cut it.
If you make this dish let me know how it goes and if you made any changes! XO