I was at my friends house this past weekend and we made the most slammin' salad.
- shredded broccoli slaw
- iceberg lettuce
- and.... not so hard-boiled eggs
I took it upon myself to make them, telling her "I am so good at making boiled eggs". Turned out I was lying. I actually suck.
HERE IS THE RIGHT WAY: never again will you fail at boiled eggs:
1. Arrange eggs in a pot that is wide enough to allow a single layer of eggs.
2. Cover eggs by 1 inch with cool water.
3. Over medium heat, bring water just to a boil.
4. Remove pot from heat, COVER (that is where I went wrong) with a snug lid and set aside for 12 minutes. (if you want soft-boiled eggs just 3-5 minutes will do)
5. With a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a bowl of ICE WATER, stirring gently to cool eggs down.
6. Once cool you can peel immediately, or store in the fridge!
ENJOY and never screw up your hard-boiled eggs again!