I was on a mission to make myself a green juice. I do not have a juicer, but that did not stop me. And should not stop you either. Here is an easy way to make a green juice. You will need:
- jelly strainer (I got mine at ACE hardware)
- 4spinach ice cubes
- 2 carrots chopped
- whole stalk of romaine lettuce
- 4 leafs of kale
- 1/2 a green apple
- 1/2 of lime squeezed
- 1/4 inch of ginger
- 1 Cup water
- add water, spinach ice cubes and blend
- add romaine lettuce and apples and blend
- Squeeze lemon juice and add kale. If you feel you need more water to help you mix ingredients, add more :)
- Lastly add the remainder of your ingredients, carrots, and ginger.
*TIP* Add ingredients in slowly. If you over stuff your blender it will not mix.
Blend until it is a puree.
Wash your jelly strainer with soap and water. Rinse well. Drape it over a big glass and pour your green mixture. Squeeze the jelly strainer to help reveal your beautiful green juice into your glass.
The jelly strainer will catch all of the fiber and ruffage from the vegetables and fruit and just give you the straight juices.
*TIP* I found that if i filled the jelly strainer too much it was hard to squeeze and made a mess. In order to prevent this you can squeeze the jelly strainer over a big bowl and then transfer to a glass cup.
I like my juice COLD. So add some spinach ice cubes, or regular ice cubes to your juice to make it cold. Or stick it in the freezer for a couple of minutes. You want to drink the juice as soon as possible, while the juice is at its maximum nutrient level.
What is your favorite green juice mixture? Let me know if you try this jelly strainer trick!