Quinoa is just awesome. And this easy to make, looks like you worked harder than you did dish makes it even better! This can be served cold or at room temperature so it is perfect for summer.You can make this for your next BBQ or to keep in the fridge ready to take out and eat as a snack or side dish. (** the picture above does not have black beans OR cilantro)
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1.5- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half (you can cut it again to make it smaller if you wish)
- 1 large avocado
- 1 can or 2 cups black beans (you can get canned black beans or make them fresh! Follow bag directions for fresh black beans)
- 3 ears fresh corn
- 1 batch cilantro chopped
- Cook your Quinoa and then set aside to cool off completely
- dice tomatoes
- chop cilantro
- dice your avocado
- if you are using fresh beans this may take a whole night to prepare. Follow package directions. You can use cans if this is all you have.
- I think fresh corn is BEST for this dish. So try to avoid the canned stuff. How to make corn? You have options:
- bake (simple and comes out really good! Add salt and paper to the corn before you place in the oven)
Let the corn cool off and then CAREFULLY cut the corn off the cob.
After everything is prepared and cooled off you will get a large flat dish to lay out your quinoa. On the side mix the avocados, black beans, corn, tomatoes and cilantro. To this mixture add 3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and one whole juicy lemon! Salt and pepper to taste.
Place dressing and vegetable mixture on top of quinoa. Do not mix. The vegetables are meant to say on top of the quinoa and get mixed in as people serve themselves.
This makes an amazing dish. If you have leftovers it keeps great in the fridge! Enjoy!