I LOVE EGGS! And I know most of us have busy schedules leaving us little time in the AM to make and prepare an intense festive breakfast. BUT that does not mean you can not eat a HEALTHY breakfast.
This muffin tin baked eggs recipe is pretty awesome. It will take a little prep time, but it will yield about four days worth of breakfast with no fussing in the morning, and you will have a healthy breakfast in no time.
- 1 dozen eggs
- veggies that you wish (I have mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus and garlic. I added cilantro to the top before I put it in the oven)
- muffin tin
- preheat oven to 350
- Chop veggies small
- sautee in a pan with EVOO and garlic for about 4 minutes. Not too long because it will cook more in the oven. Add salt, pepper, any seasoning you like. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat all 12 eggs add a tiny splash of water to add some fluff to your eggs.
- Spray/lightly oil muffin tin. Eggs will stick!
- Scoop veggies into muffin tin. Top off with egg mixture.
Place egg and veggie mixture in the oven for 20 minutes or until you see the eggs start to puff up. Take out and LET IT SIT for 5 minutes!! After it has set, take a knife and circle each muffin tin to release the egg. Eat two and then place the rest in a zip lock bag in the fridge (let it cool off first). When you are ready for breakfast take two muffin eggs out of the fridge, pop it in the microwave for 45 seconds and PERECTO, you have a great healthy breakfast!! SO fast, so easy, and soooo delicious. Eggs will stay good in the fridge up to four days. You can store in a plastic ziplock bag or glass container. Try putting a paper towel inside the bag to absorb any moisture eggs release.
Have you made these egg muffins before? What type of veggies do you put inside? I'd love to hear from you!
Check out my YouTube channel below! You will find healthy recipe ideas and quick, effective workouts.