Feeling sluggish now that the cold weather is creeping in? I know how it is! You have plans to wake up early to workout. You set your alarm, and when that 5:45am buzzer goes off you see that it is dark out, feel a chill in your body, and then snuggle back under the covers for another hour.
The hardest part about working out in the morning (or any time of day) is getting up, pumping yourself up, and getting dressed!
I have some ideas on how to make this winter a more successful workout season:
1. Get your gym clothes/bag prepared the day before. This will give you one less thing to think about in the morning. Your brain is half asleep. It will thank you and you can get dressed with your eyes closed!
2. Set your alarm and WAKE UP! You can do it. I know how hard it is, but once you get moving it will be amazing! If you do not feel like facing the outside elements that does not mean you should go back to bed, you CAN still get in your workout. My favorite winter workout: Sweat With Lauren Hefez Videos. I heard she has great workout videos! (wink wink) My videos have saved me multiple times. Sometimes I really need that motivation and do not feel like heading out for a run or to the gym, especially when its snowing.
3. Even if you do an at home workout get dressed in gym clothes. Do not stay in your PJ's. You will have a more successful workout when you dress the part.
4. Plan a gym date with a friend. Committing to someone else will make you stick to your plans.
5. Go for a walk, even when its cold out. Some of my favorite walks have been when its SO cold out, and I bundle up every part of my body. There is something invigorating about feeling the cold air but being protected by your fabulous winter gear. A nice brisk walk around your hood will get your blood pumping and give you more energy.
What is your favorite winter workout? How do you stay active in the winter?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Target® C9 through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Target® C9 all opinions are my own.