This salad is so delicious and so easy to make. It stores well in the fridge, and makes a great snack or side dish.
I have been making FRESH sprouted beans for sometime now. I enjoy doing this as they taste better, are more nutritious, and I do not have to worry about what is leaking from the can most precooked beans sit in. (side note: I will do a blog post on sprouted peas, beans and nuts soon!)
When time does not allow me to make fresh beans (this process takes a few days), I grab a box rather than a can. I am not 100% sure if there is a difference, but I tell myself there is.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 box of any white bean you wish. I think cannellini and chickpeas will work the best. If you can buy fresh beans even better.
- 4 mini seedless cucumbers (my absolute favorite to snack on!!!)
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- bunch of cilantro (we love cilantro in this house, so I added a lot but add what you wish)
- 1 lime juiced (if its not too juicy use 2 limes)
- 1 tbs EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Quinoa as box instructs. Let it cool.
- Dice the cucumber, tomatoes and cilantro
- Squeeze out limes in a side bowl and add in EVOO. I used jalapeno flavored EVOO and it was wonderful. Add salt and pepper to the lime & EVOO.
- Put all ingredients (quinoa, beans, cucumbers, tomatoes and cilantro) in the dressing and mix!
There you have an easy, yumble snack!