Welcome to The Fit List!
Every week I give you a "Top 5" list of what's on my mind when it comes to health, fitness, food and sometimes even fashion! Come visit me weekly for The Fit List.
1. Homemade dressings are the best! They save you money, taste better than store bought, and you KNOW WHATS IN IT! Here is an easy to follow dressing formula.
2. Gogi berries. I love them!
Why are they good for you?
- They have a great amount of protein! Yes you read right, protein! Gogi berries have about one gram of protein per tablespoon.
- High in Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- low in calories (one tablespoon has only 18 calories!)
- high in fiber
- some people have said it helps their eye sight, hair and nails!
How do I eat them?
- in salads
- with nuts
- right out of the jar (I store them in a mason jar and buy them at Whole Foods from the bulk section)
- mixed in oatmeal or yogurt
- I put about 1-2tbs in water let them soak and drink the water throughout the day. I refill my water bottle and by the end of the day I have eaten all the yummy berries.
3. I had a reader ask for places she could find the best smoothies/juices in Boston. Then this article was published in The Boston Globe. How fitting.
4. I always rotate between 3-4 natural deodorants. This is what I am using right now. It is cream based so you have to use your finger to apply, but It feels nice. is not sticky and works!