Welcome to The Fit List!
Every week I give you a "Top 5" list of what's on my mind when it comes to health, fitness, food and sometimes even fashion! Come visit me weekly for The Fit List.
1. Ever eat spinach and it makes your teeth feel all funny? That gritty/dry feeling comes from oxalate crystals that leak out of the spinach as you chew. Oxalic acid can also prevent your body from absorbing iron. So next time you eat spinach squeeze some lemon juice on it (Vitamin C!) to help with absorption. Oxalate acid can also be found in other foods like kale, beets, rhubarb, almonds, cashews and coffee.
2. Yoga Design Lab sent me a mat to test out, and its great! Its durable, made form natural rubber and microfiber, free from latex silicone and phthalates. It is also machine washable. The mat is thin, however it is heavier than I would have liked. The mat worked better after I sprayed it with a little water (it is designed to grab better with sweat). The colors and designs of the mats are AWESOME! If you buy a mat - wait until Thursday September 17th for 15 % off!
My client is using the mat in this video.
3. My favorite dessert smoothie I can't stop thinking about:
I call it a dessert smoothie because it tastes so darn good, but in reality you can have it any time of the day!
- 1 FROZEN banana
- 1 tbs any kind of nut butter
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 cups any kind of milk
- 1 date (if you need more sweetness)
- optional: cinnamon- nutmeg- vanilla extract - 1/2 TBS of coconut oil
- blend and enjoy (add spinach to make it more green!)
4. I use this oil almost everyday to protect my skin from the sun. It is moisturizing, smells good, and I actually look forward to putting it on! Chemical free, toxic free.