I made this last night and was not expecting it to taste so good. Usually, my recipes take a bit of time to make and prepare- they taste awesome but I mostly try to share the recipes that are QUICK and taste good. This is one of them.
The lemon rinds give this fish a light lemon flavor and the saltiness that comes from the olives is just perfect. The fish cooks in a dry white wine and the flavors that come out of the sauce are so good. I topped the fish and sauce over jasmine rice and loved every bite!
- cod or haddock (about 1-2 lbs)
- assortment of olives- please take out the pits!
- 1 large tomato chopped
- about 3/4 cup of dry white wine - Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc
- lemon rinds from one whole lemon (try to grab organic)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbs EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 400
- grab baking dish coat with EVOO
- place fish in baking dish
- coat top of fish with EVOO, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and all of your minced garlic
- place the chopped tomato, peeled lemon, and pitted olives around the fish
- pour the dry white wine around the fish so that it comes up about half way on the fish
- Place fish in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Cooking time may vary based on the thickness of your fish and your oven. Fish is cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.
*While the fish cooked I took a spoon and scooped some of the wine sauce and poured it on top of the fish to get some flavor on the fish. I did this about 2 times through the cooking process.
I made jasmine rice to go along with the fish and it was perfect! When you serve the fish place it right on top of the rice and make sure to get some of the wine sauce on top too!