A BIG THANKS to all who came out on Sunday and rocked it all class. It was an amazing turnout and the energy was off the charts. I could not have done this without the incredible support of my friends and family, and my rock star photographer aka husband. This was our first huge event we planned and we pulled it off. I am so inspired to do something like this again. Thank you, thank you!
1. Coolest Yoga mats I have yet to come by! I really enjoy pretty things. I enjoy vivid colors and anything that will make someone smile. These mats are just that! Stand out a bit in your next class with these unique prints. These mats are just awesome. Each print is hand painted first and then they are sustainably printed onto non-toxic, phthalate-free, yoga mats.
I love the idea, with any method of exercise, of using my own body weight. I think it is so empowering. TRX does just that. You use your own body weight and challenge yourself as much or as little as you wish. Today I am feeling it. I took a 30 minute class, and that was just perfect. We did 30 seconds of each exercise and did a round of 3 different exercises and then switched it up. I will defiantly try a TRX class again.
What is your favorite "use your own body weight" method of exercise? Yoga? Dance? Pilates?
Have you ever dreamed of being a super hero? Well, I was this weekend. In fact, I was surrounded by about 20 other superheros. For an hour, I was transformed into Cat Woman. I did not save any lives, but I definitely improved my own! I found myself running, crawling, kicking, jumping and leaping at Equinox Back Bay's studio.
The release of their class Blockbuster Body™ was being covered by The Boston Globe, so the class made sure to be on their A-game just incase a picture was being snapped. I was drenched! My body was energized the whole time. The class was taught by the dynamic team of Kristy Discipeio and Maryanne Blake. The music really made me feel like I was IN a movie. Even the slightest head isolations, high leg kicks, and fast leaping across the floor made me forget that I was in a class, and really helped me gear in to my inner super hero!
What you can be expecting from class:
- "An exciting total body cardio conditioning class that combines the principle of cross discipline training and integrated movement.
- Train like an actor preparing for a blockbuster movie role.
- Develop functional mobility, speed and agility, cardiovascular endurance, usable and powerful strength, upper body weight-bearing conditioning and core stability.
- Bring the fun and flare of unique conditioning modalities and themes from current and past action film into one compelling total body workout without any additional equipment."
And this morning I woke up sore in my triceps, glutes and lats. A challenging class, using only body weight and a little childhood creativity. A must try! An Equinox member? Check out the schedule for times!