First off, this pizza is NOT gluten or dairy free.
Secondly, it is so easy to make.
And lastly, it is crispy and delicious!
(Gluten free?? Do not fret I'll have a gluten free pizza recipe up next week!)
- 1.5 cups whole wheat white flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour. I made my own- just take 1/2 cup of oats and blend them to make flour!
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs EVOO
- 3/4 cup water
- preheat oven to 450
- mix together all dry ingredients : both flours, salt and baking soda
- add in water and EVOO - mix until moistened - there may still be some dry flour floating around but don't worry you will get that mixed in the dough in your next step.
- add a little flour to your table surface and dump out the "dough" mixture on top - knead dough into a ball. You have two options:
- Wrap the dough ball tightly in plastic wrap and put in fridge to use later that day
- Roll it out right then and there.
- Grab a rolling pin and make your pizza crust! I like to make mine pretty thin, but not so much that it falls apart.
- Spray down a baking sheet.
- Place you crust on top of baking sheet and place in oven for 12-15 minutes (depending on how thin your crust is). It will get slightly golden brown around the edges. Take out tray and add your toppings. I kept it simple and added tomato sauce and cheese. Place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Top with some spices like oregano, chili flakes, and/or garlic powder. Add a fresh green like arugula or basil. Possibilities are endless!
How did you make your pizza?