I had Jody over, from JoJo's Raw Kitchen and she introduced me to the most delicious and easy to make RAW pie. When I think of dessert I think of chocolate. I am not much of a fruit and nut dessert girl. So when Jody mentioned mango pie, it was not my first choice, but now I have become officially obsessed! This is something that I could eat every day as a sweet treat and not feel bad about it. Seriously awesome.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates (take out the pits)
- 1 mango
- 1 banana
In a food processor place almonds and chop until almost a powder. Add in dates and blend together until they form a paste. This will be your raw crust. Take out and place in a pie dish to make a crust. Press the paste down hard and form a base to your pie.
Cut up 1 mango and 1 banana. Place in food processor and and blend. This is going to be your "cream" part of the pie!
Pour the mango and banana mixture on top of your raw crust and place in the fridge for 10 minutes then serve. The pie stays good for 4-5 days. It might lose its bright yellow color, but it is still good to eat.
- If your dates are hard soak them in water for about 30 minutes to soften
- Your pie may crumble when you serve it. WHO CARES. Because it just tastes so good.
- Make sure your crust is really stuck together and there are no holes.
- If the almond/date crust is not sticking together add more dates to the mixture.
YUM! Enjoy! Do you have any raw, quick and easy recipes that you would like to share??